Privacy & Cookies Policy
If you do not agree to these changes you should not use the Site.
2. WHEN AND WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED, AND WHY
3. FOOD FOR KIDS USE OF WEB BEACONS
a. We have included web beacons on some of our web pages. Food For Kids uses web beacons to transfer data (such as site usage history). Food For Kids may provide this data to companies that assist Food For Kids in data research and analysis; these companies are prohibited from using this data for any other purpose. The analysis and research helps Food For Kids to determine customer preferences and improve Food For Kids’s offerings. Food For Kids may also rely upon third parties to assist with the use and implementation of the web beacons. b. Definition of web beacon: A web beacon, sometimes called a pixel, is a graphic image or small string of code, that is included on web pages or in an email to enable the transfer of data. Web beacons can be used by companies for several purposes such as reporting web site traffic, customer preferences, advertising effectiveness, and general auditing.
4. USES WE MAKE OF YOUR DATA
a. Food For Kids may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as sending postal mail and e-mails, analysing and researching customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing, investigating fraudulent activity, serving ads, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not disclose your personally identifiable information for other purposes. b. Some personal information is stored on servers owned by other companies. Only Food For Kids has the right to access this information. c. We use information held about you in the following ways: i. To ensure content from Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. ii. To provide you with information, products or services where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. iii. For basic profiling purposes. iv. To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us, (including the provision of any goods, services or information that you have requested). d. We may disclose your personal information to third parties, as follows: i. We may employ external companies to act on our behalf as processors. Data processors will not disclose personal details to any other organisations or use data other than for purposes required by us. This use is stipulated under contract with us. ii. In the event that we sell or buy any business assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. iii. To administer services provided to you by us now or in the future. iv. If Food For Kids or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. v. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Food For Kids our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. e. We may also collect your personal information for marketing purposes. If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes or to pass you details to third parties for such purpose, please tick or un-tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (for example, a registration or order form). By allowing us to use your data, you agree to allow Food For Kids or one of our selected partners to contact you about promotional offers, products and/or services by email or SMS. When you give us information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, and as such, that you consent to the processing of their personal data, including personal data, to the transfer of their information abroad and to the receipt on their behalf, of any relevant data protection notices. f. You may also exercise your right to opt out of the use of your information for marketing purposes by Food For Kids, or by a selected third party company at any time by contacting us.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA a. By using this website you consent to: i. our processing of your personal data for the above purposes; and ii. our transferring of your information to countries which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer we will put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA/SOCIAL COMMERCE AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES a. We work with trusted third parties, including social network sites like Facebook, and with application developers who specialise in social media so we can connect to your social networks. Other social networks we use include Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. All of these companies operate Third Party Sites. We provide access to our Sites by third parties and business partners so we can generate interest in our products and services among members of your social networks and to allow you to share product and service interests with friends in your network. b. The use of any features made available to you on the Site by a third party may result in information being collected or shared about you by us or by the third party. Information collected or shared through any such third party features is considered “public information” by us because the Third Party Sites made it publicly available. If you do not want us to be able to access information about you from Third Party Sites, you must instruct Third Party Sites not to share the information. We cannot control how your data is collected, stored, used or shared by Third Party Sites or to whom it is disclosed. Please be sure to review the privacy policies and privacy settings on your social networking sites to make sure you understand the information they are sharing. If you do not want a Third Party Site to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt out of sharing such information. Food For Kids is not responsible for how these third parties may use information collected from or about you. However, we do identify any areas on the Site where third parties share information about you. i Facebook’s “Like” feature is a good example. (Other third parties have or may have similar ways for you to express positive opinions about products and services – now or in the future.) We have agreed to allow Facebook’s “Like” feature to run alongside images of our products so you can “like” products and to see how many other Facebook users “like” products featured on our Sites. You should know that Facebook may collect or register the fact that you “like” a product and may post that information to your “News Feed” on Facebook and to your Facebook profile’s “Wall” and “Info” pages. So, the fact that you “like” one or more products may be made known to members of your Facebook network. This would be true for your friends too. If they “like” one of our products, you will see it on his or her News Feed, Wall or Info pages. Finally, by “liking” products featured on our Sites, you consent to the display of that information by us. If you do not wish this to happen, you should not click that you “like” a product and you should review your privacy settings on Facebook (or similar Third Party Site). Note that we are not obligated to display someone’s name, profile photo or other “public” Facebook profile information on our website even if that Facebook user “likes” a product featured one of our Sites. We reserve the right to remove the information of any person, which we deem to be inconsistent with our ideals or otherwise inappropriate for public association with our company. We may remove from the Site, in our sole discretion, any product or service offering or any photo or product description relating thereto.
7. ACCESS TO INFORMATION a. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Through Food For Kids’s websites you can, amongst other things, order products, enter competitions, subscribe to our publications, complete surveys and comment on articles.
In order to process your requests and orders and other activities, it may be necessary to collect personally identifiable information about you. The type of personally identifiable information that may be collected includes, but is not limited to: your name and e-mail address.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We will use the personal information you provide to us to process any orders and requests you submit. We may also use this information to communicate with you directly, for example to notify you in the event you have won a competition or to contact you in relation to an account you hold with us.
We will use the anonymous information we collect about you to analyse web usage and compile aggregate statistics about our users. We will use this non-personally identifiable information, for advertising and marketing purposes and to enable us to provide a more personalised internet experience. For further information please go to the section on cookies below.
From time to time we will ask you whether you wish to receive marketing material from Food For Kids containing information about our products and services. If you do not wish to receive such information please ensure that you opt-in or opt-out of receiving such information as appropriate. If you have consented to receiving such material you may opt-out at a later stage from:
▪ Emails – by clicking on an email unsubscribe link;
▪ SMS – by following the instructions in any SMS message received;
Upon registration for competitions or other online services you may, in some cases, be automatically opted-in to receive e-mail marketing, newsletters or partner promotions containing material relevant to the website on which you have registered your details. You will be specifically notified if this is the case and you may unsubscribe to receiving such marketing material at any time by clicking on the e-mail unsubscribe link.
WHAT WILL WE DISCLOSE TO THIRD PARTIES?
If you consent we may sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. Such third parties will be carefully selected and registered with the Information Commissioner.
We may also pass your personal information to third parties to enable them to process a request, order or service; or to supply you with a prize in the event you win a competition or in order to obtain professional advice.
We may provide anonymous, non-personally identifiable aggregate information to advertisers and our business partners, including information relating to sales and web-usage, to enable us to sell advertising and monitor the efficacy of our business partnerships. We may also pass such statistical information onto reputable third parties for onward sale.
It is possible that Food For Kids could merge or be acquired by another business. If this happens we may share the information that relates to you. You will be sent notice of such an event.
Food For Kids reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information in order to comply with the law, applicable regulations and government requests. We also reserve the right to use such information in order to protect our operating systems and integrity as well as other users.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Once we have received your data we will ensure that it is treated with the utmost respect and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any applicable regulations. Your data will be stored on our secure server. We follow strict security procedures in order that the data we collect is stored and disclosed appropriately and securely.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Food For Kids will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW TO CONTACT US
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file that we, and in certain circumstances third parties, place on your browser when you visit our websites or open some of our emails. Cookies, amongst other things, allow Food For Kids to recognise you each time you re-visit one of our websites and provide you with a more personalised user experience. There are in existence a variety of different cookies which are designed for use in specific sets of circumstances.
When you initially enter one of our sites we may place an anonymous cookie on your browser to enable us to recognise you the next time you visit the website. We may also place a further cookie on your browser when you register for one of our services, this will enable us to remember you next time you come to sign in, eliminating the need for you to re-enter your login details and customising your future uses of our sites.
Cookies may also be used to track your use of Food For Kids’ websites to better develop them, for example, determining which parts of the websites are more popular and determining content accordingly.
We may also place cookies on your browser to provide you with behavioural advertising and monitor the advertising on our sites to, amongst other things, ensure that you are not subjected to intrusive advertising.
Small pieces of code called pixel tags, web beacons or GIF files, are used in conjunction with cookies to help us manage and monitor our online advertising and wider business arrangements with third parties. These files will allow us to aggregate anonymous information relating to advertising and website usage. The type of information collected includes, but is not limited to, information relating to advertising responses, page views, promotion views and purchases made. Such pixel tags may be used to recognise third party cookies (cookies generated by third parties) and inform us and/or third parties of which advertisement or link brought you to our website, allowing us to monitor the efficacy of our business relationships with third parties. Please see the section below entitled ‘Use of different cookies’ for more detail on the various cookies in use by Food For Kids and how they work.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies and use them in the ways described above it is possible to change your browser settings. It is also possible to delete existing cookies from your browser. However blocking all cookies will affect your web experience and may result in some parts of Food For Kids websites not functioning properly. Some cookies are designed to help save you time, for example, by remembering your contact details when you are making an order for the second time and this means that you will not have to complete the contact section again unless your details have changed. The procedure for modifying your privacy preferences is different for each internet browser and we recommend you visit the following websites for further information on altering your cookie settings:
USE OF DIFFERENT COOKIES
We will use different cookies at various different stages of your use of our websites.
TRACKING AND CUSTOMISATION COOKIES
These are used to recognise repeat visitors to Food For Kids websites and customise the visitor experience, as described above. They may also be used in conjunction with other information we or our third party partners hold to attempt to record specific browsing information (for example, regarding the way visitors arrive at Food For Kids websites, pages viewed, options selected, information entered and the path taken through the Food For Kids websites).
More general information about behavioural advertising can be found at www.youronlinechoices.com.