You will have probably seen the nest, now it is time to make these easy 5 minute chocolate eggs! These are really quick, no melting of chocolate (and licking half of it off your fingers!), just throw together the ingredients, blitz and squeeze into balls. If only everything in life could be this simple! Perfect for lunch boxes, snacks, treats and parties!
140g Almonds (whole or chopped)
40g Shredded coconut
2 tbs Tahini
2 tbs Raw honey
2 tbs Cocoa powder
Optional extra shredded coconut for rolling your eggs
Makes approx. 10
- Whizz the almonds and shredded coconut until breadcrumb consistency
- Add the remaining ingredients and whizz again – it is ready when you can squeeze the mixture together.
- Squeeze into balls
- Optional: roll in shredded coconut
- Store in an airtight container somewhere cool
Tips: You need to squeeze the mixture quite tightly to form balls
Options: Try with other nuts such as cashews, macadamias or brazils. If you are not a coconut fan, just omit this and reduce the honey and tahini slightly or add quick cook oats instead.
How kids can help
- Ask your helper to help weigh out the ingredients
- If old enough your helper may like pressing the blender button – only under careful adult supervision
- Squeezing the mixture into balls