If you are looking for a banana and almond smoothie recipe that is a little more filling, quick, healthy and delicious read on…
200ml Almond milk
150g Roughly chopped banana (approx. 1 large one)
15g Chopped almonds – optional toasted
A large pinch of ground cinnamon
Makes 1 large glass
- Add the banana, almond milk, cinnamon and half the chopped almonds then blend
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle the remaining chopped nuts over the top
Options: You could use coconut milk, cows milk or other any other milk. Try macadamia nut or hazelnuts if you are out of almonds.
Tips: Need it quickly? Use almond meal in place of chopped nuts. If it’s a really hot day add a few ice cubes before you blend. If you have any frozen bananas in your freezer, they work brilliantly.
How Kids can Help
- My daughter Bella who is 3 loves chopping at the moment – soft banana is perfect to chop with a plastic knife and she feels so grown up!
- Ask your helper to measure out and pour into the blending container
- Your helper will love sprinkling chopped nuts over the top