If you have a bag of carrots in the bottom of your fridge, and not much else… let me show you how to create a delicious meal in just a few minutes.
170g Yellow carrots
100g Orange carrots
75g Rice flour
50g Purple carrots
2 x Eggs
2 x Spring onions finely chopped (approx. 20g)
1 x Garlic clove finely chopped or grated
Handful of mixed Parsley and Basil roughly chopped
Olive oil for frying
Salt and Pepper
Makes 9 Medium Carrot fitters/serves a light lunch for 2 adults and 2 children
- Grate carrot or better still pass it through the grating tool of your whizzer
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Press mixture into balls and flatten. (Don’t worry, it doesn’t seem like it will bind)
- Heat a large frying pan and add a tablespoon of olive oil. When hot add your carrot fritters.
- Allow to cook and brown, then turn.
- Add extra oil as necessary for your batches
- Enjoy while warm, serve with salad and garnish with herbs
Tips: Be careful not to overcrowd your pan with carrot fritters – depending on your pan size do about 5 at a time – you can keep them warm in the oven if need be.
Options: Don’t worry if you can’t find coloured carrots – just use what you can find!
How kids can help
- Ask your helper to tip the weighed ingredients into a bowl and mix
- Your helper might even squash the mixture together into a flattened ball