This cauliflower pizza recipe might sound a little unusual but it is a brilliant gluten free meal, perfect for the whole family and absolutely delicious. You have every right to feel smug because this is packed full of goodness and your little ones will not even realise.
For The Base
1/2 a Medium cauliflower – approx. 600g roughly chopped
30g Almond meal/ ground almond
2 Eggs – lightly beaten
Cheese – grated
Any other toppings you’d like!
Makes 4 kids pizzas
- Preheat your oven to 190˚C
- Prepare 4 sheets of baking paper; 1 for each pizza (not foil or this will stick)
- Blitz your cauliflower in your food processor until it reaches small bread crumb texture
- When transferring to a bowl squeeze out any excess water
- Add the egg and almond meal – mix. Bring together like a dough and gently need until smooth
- Divide the mixture into 4. Flatten the mixture with your hands or you could place another piece of baking paper over the top and use a rolling pin. Aim for 0.5cm thick.
- Bake for approx. 20- 25 minutes until the base is lightly golden and crisp
- Add your tomato sauce, cheese and any toppings and bake for a further 10 minutes
Tips: This could easily be dairy free too if cheese is omitted
How kids can help
- Weighing and chopping the cauliflower – for younger children you can make an incision in the cauliflower stem and your child can pull the florets apart.
- Cracking the eggs and lightly beating
- Weighing the almond meal
- Mixing the ingredients together
- Flattening/ rolling out the Cauliflower pizza bases
- Taste testing – and hopefully enjoying!