You will mostly likely have come across chia seeds – if you haven’t, don’t worry. Chia seeds are delicate little seeds that are packed with omega 3 fatty aids and said by some to be one of the most nutrient dense foods on the plant. To learn more about this wonderful superfood check out this article .
So if you are looking for a healthy snack to eat at home, a new breakfast idea or a guilt free dessert that is quick and easy, you are going to love this simple maple and vanilla chia seed breakie bowl!
80ml Coconut or almond milk
1tbs Maple syrup – add more if you like it sweeter
25g chia seeds
A pinch of vanilla seed paste or a small scraping of vanilla seeds
Makes a cup worth or 2 smaller portions
Options: Pinch of cinnamon, fresh fruit, mint, shredded coconut, pinch Himalayan salt
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl then tip into your glass/ jar/ bowl you wish to serve from
- The chia seeds will swell and the ‘liquid’ will set
- Leave for a couple of hours in the fridge, ideally over night
- Serve with fresh fruit, chopped nuts and extra seeds and garnish with mint
How kids can help
- Measuring the ingredients
- Mixing the ingredients
- Adding any fresh fruit, nuts, seeds etc..