Really quick to make and a great way to include a highly nutritional ingredient for meat lovers!
400g Minced organic chicken
1 large ripe Avocado peeled and chopped into even squared approx. 1cm x 1cm – not overly ripe
1/2 Cup of break crumbs – optional
1 clove of chopped garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive oil for cooking
- Combine all your ingredients in a bowl and squeeze into burgers – careful not to squash the avocado
- Heat a pan or your barbecue. If barbecuing, brush burgers lightly with olive oil, if frying heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan
- Cook your burgers on both sides until cooked through – timing will depend on size
Options: You could add lemon rind to give your chicken and avocado burgers extra zing, even some finely sliced spring onion.
How kids can help
- Your kids will enjoy peeling the avocado and chopping it into cubes
- Mixing all the ingredients together
- Squeezing the mixture together to make burgers