I challenge you to see if you children can guess what is in this delicious chocolate coconut milkshake?!
This milkshake will keep your kids hydrated and full of energy! It is thick and creamy and is a great alternative to cows milk – although you could use dairy if you prefer. The sweetness comes from the dates and the protein from the nut butter – Perfect for the Easter holidays. Who said chocolate was bad….?!
Child nutritionist and mother of 3, Jenny Edelstein has come up with this brilliantly balanced, kid friendly milkshake for BRITA.
150ml Coconut milk
100ml Filtered water – we love BRITA
2 Medium sized frozen bananas – tip remove the skins and slice before freezing
1 tbs Unsweetened coco powder
2 Medjool dates – stones removed
1 tbs Cashew or other nut butter
Makes approx. 4 kids servings
- Blitz all the ingredients together in your blender – except for the filtered water
- Slowly add the BRITA water until the desired consistency is achieved
Tip: There are many kids with allergies to nuts but often these are to specific nuts – BUT there are many nut butters out there so hopefully you can find a nut butter that works for your family.
How kids can help:
- Peeling and chopping the bananas
- Pitting the dates
- Measuring the BRITA water, coconut milk, coco powder and nut butter
- Taste testing and selecting their preferred consistency
- Pouring into glasses and dipping a straw into each
For you and all your families water filter solutions please see www.brita.co.uk