There are many ways to say ‘I love you’ – we happen to believe that the best way to the heart is through the tummy!
These little dried fruit hearts are beautifully sweet with natural sugars and of course fun to make. A perfect lunch box filler or simply to give for Valentines.
75g Dried cranberries
75g Roughly chopped un sulphered apricots
50g Pitted dates
25g Almond meal
25g Chopped nuts: I used Almonds
Makes 8-9 medium sized hearts
- Add the fruit and nuts and, or seeds to your food processor and blitz until a thick paste is formed. You may need to add a drop (literally a drop!) of water.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper
- Using cookie cutter cut out your shapes
- Roll any left overs into little balls
- Store in an airtight container somewhere cool
Tip: These are quite sweet so enjoy in moderation! If your paste becomes to sticky add extra seeds or chopped nuts. You will need enough ingredients for your food processor to turn the fruit into a paste – for best results use the smallest bowl you have.
How kids can help:
- Selecting their favourite dried fruit, nuts and seeds
- Adding the fruit to the food processor
- Rolling out the ‘fruit paste’
- Cutting out the shapes with cookie cutters