Don’t under estimate the omelette! Perfect for breakfast, lunch or tea this is one of the most versatile and easy nutritious meals you can cook.
Just add a few of your favourite ingredients and it can either be made to look a bit like a pancake, calzone or a pizza! Left over ingredients work well too – just add them as a filling.
When you think you have nothing in your fridge – apart from your trusted eggs, I promise you can make a great meal; sprinkle some seeds, grate a bit of cheese, pick a few herbs and throw in a few frozen peas and you have hardly had to think at all!
1 tbs Whole milk
1 tbs Water
Salt and Pepper
Butter or olive oil for frying
Makes enough for 2 kids portions
- Crack your eggs then add the milk, water and pinch of salt and pepper and mix well
- Heat a knob of butter or a drizzle of olive oil in a pan. When it begins to sizzle tip the egg mixture in
- Cook for 1 minute before adding grated cheese and any other fillings – except herbs, these are always best added right at the end
- When you egg is cooked to your liking, add any herbs then flip half over onto itself
- Serve immediately
How kids can help:
- Cracking the eggs
- Mixing the egg mixture
- Grating cheese – if old enough
- Choosing fillings
- Picking and chopping up herbs (with scissors)