Bircher Muesli is great for kids because it is so easy to chew and digest. Oats provide an excellent supply of slow release energy and it can be flavoured with your favourite fruits and spices. Make a batch on a Sunday evening and breakfasts are then easy!
150g Bircher Muesli (Farmer Jo has a delicious one if you can get your hands on it!)
260ml Cloudy apple juice – enough to cover the muesli
Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit to serve
Makes 2 generous kids portions
- Cover the muesli with the apple juice – top up if you need to ensure the oats are covered.
- Leave overnight in the fridge in a sealed container
- Serve with Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit
This will last 3 – 4 days in your fridge in a sealed container. Just multiply ingredients to make a larger quantity.
Options: Try using orange juice or almond milk instead of apple juice. Consider fruit yoghurt or dairy free coconut yoghurt in place of greek yoghurt. Add your favourite nuts, seeds and spices too – if you add them when the muesli is soaking, they too will be much softer on your little one’s digestive system.
How kids can help
- Your best helper will love measuring out the muesli and pouring over the apple juice
- Ask your helper to choose their favourite nuts, seeds and fruit
Thanks Farmer Jo!