Whether it’s for a picnic, a quick kids dinner, an easy kids party food or an effort to use up all your odds and ends, fritters are what you need to make!
Eggs – preferably organic and free range. As a general guide I use 1 egg per child.
Filling: Chopped veggies – chopped quite small, cooked shredded chicken, herbs from your garden – whatever you have that needs eating
A little grated cheese
Seeds e.g. Sesame, chia – optional
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C
- Arrange your silicone muffin cases or lined muffin tins on a tray
- Simply add half egg mixture to half ‘other ingredients’ add a little cheese if you like
- Mix together and season
- Spoon or pour the mixture into your muffin cases sprinkle with remaining cheese and any seeds
- Bake your fritters until the egg is just set – approx. 5 – 7 minutes depending on their size
- Enjoy with mashed avocado or other veggies
Tip: Onion can be overpowering if not cooked first so why not try finely chopped spring onion in stead.
How kids can help:
- Selecting their favourite ingredients
- Cracking the eggs
- Mixing the ingredients together
- Spooning the mixture into the silicon cupcake holders