These great summer ice pops will be a total hit with the kids! They are a bit time consuming to make but totally worth it. Use whatever fruit is seasonal and sweet. Think colour and fun!
Here are some suggestions:
Strawberries – red
Mango – orange
Kiwi – green
Raspberries – pink
Blueberries – purple
Passionfruit (with pips) – yellow
Coconut milk – white
Blackberries – purple
- Blend washed fruit with a splash of water (approx. 30% of fruit volume – just estimate when you pour it in)
- Prepare all the flavours your want to use and reserve the blended fruit in individual glasses
- Pour one layer at a time into old weening trays, ice pop holders, makers etc. and freeze.
- Pour each layer once the previous layer starts to set (this stops colours mixing).
- Once you reach the top of your lolly add the stick when it is set enough to hold it in place
- Return to freezer until completely set
Tips: Fewer stripes are less time consuming… Or blend all your fruits together and have one mixed ice pop – you have all the goodness, just quicker to prepare! Mix colours to create your little one’s favourite colours e.g. coconut milk and strawberries = pink!
How kids can help
- Choose fruit
- Wash fruit
- Pour fruit into moulds to create stripes
- Add lolly sticks