These healthy halloween treats will not only spook your neighbours but these witches fingers will be a welcome healthy halloween treat.
The UK has is catching America up in it’s commercialisation of halloween – it is great fun, and it doesn’t have to have the artificial sugar high…and the obligatory melt downs that follow.
5 Medjool dates with stones removed – approx.35g
35g Cashews – toasted is optional. Any nuts will work just as well.
1 tsp Cacao powder – preferably unsweetened
12 Blanched whole almonds
- Blitz your nuts and dates until a paste is formed
- Tip your mixture out and divide into 12 equal pieces
- Roll into the shape of fingers- larger at one end and small at the other
- Place a blanched almond over the thinner end to represent a finger nail
- Using the back of a knife add a couple of wrinkle marks; horizontal indentations across the fatter end of the ‘finger’
How kids can help:
- Removing the stones from the dates
- Counting the dates
- Weighing nuts
- Adding the ingredients to the blitzer
- Dividing the mixture into 12 equal parts
- Rolling the fingers out
- Adding the blanched almonds
- creating the ‘wrinkles’
- Spooking their friends!