This honey roast nuts recipe came to us when we simply needed an energy boost quickly – I am sure you recognise that feeling! We opened our cupboard and the nuts were staring at us. We felt like something sweet and within 10 minutes we were in heaven… A great after school snack or equally delicious sprinkled over your morning porridge or bowl of yoghurt.
This recipe is really flexible – use the nuts you love the most or simply those that need eating. Roast them whole or chop them up.
120g Any nut of your choice. I particularly like almonds, brazils, cashews and hazelnuts
1 scant tbs Honey – preferably a mild flavour and not your best one
- Pre-heat your oven to 170˚C
- Roughly chop your nuts – or keep them whole
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix the honey and the nuts together in the baking tray
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes until golden. You may wish to mix the honey coated nuts after 5 minutes to ensure even distribution of the honey
- Allow to cool – enjoy!
- Store in a sealed container somewhere cool
Tips: If you are going to include shredded coconut add this just before the nuts are ready, it only takes a minute! Also note that the smaller you chop your nuts the faster they will roast.
How kids can help:
- Choosing their favourite nuts
- Measuring the honey and mixing it into the nuts
- Taste testing