There are plenty of bugs flying around at the moment as often happens with the change of seasons. I am trying to keep our immune systems particularly strong right now as we fly to the UK next week. Long haul flights are bad enough without other complications, so I am dosing my girls up with this yummy orange and pineapple immune boosting juice.
200ml Freshly squeezed orange
150g Ripe pineapple roughly chopped
Cinnamon for sprinkling
Makes 350ml – enough for 2 glasses
Options: For young children water this down as it is quite sweet. If you have frozen chunks of pineapple this would make it lovely and refreshing.
- Just squeeze all the juice out of the oranges then whiz the juice together with the chopped pineapple (I like to use a hand held blitzer)
- Using a tea strainer sprinkle with cinnamon (this stops lumps)
How kids can help:
- Squeezing the oranges
- Feeling and tasting the pineapple for ripeness
- Pouring the juice into your container for whizzing
- Putting the chopped pineapple in the container for whizzing