So if I told you one one the biggest food trends coming up for 2018 was crunch and texture – might you give these totally addictive crunchy kale crisps a go?
Kale crisps are not just for Gwyneth Paltrow – they really are super easy and most (I will chose my words carefully here!) kids truly, honestly love them.
When I talk about ‘treats’ with my girls I try and position our tastiest, most nutritional and beneficial snacks as treats – we really as so lucky to have fresh, good quality produce available to us. Crisps, biscuits and other such processed foods I rather controversially refer to as ‘crap’ – because actually they really are! But crap is fine – as log as it is in balance. I just hope they don’t use this work at school!
Get the homework done, light the fire, snuggle up with your pets and hand out these awesome kale crisps. Happy kids makes happy parents.
Curly kale – washed and dried
Olive oil, just a drizzle
Salk flakes just a pinch to sprinkle
- Turn your oven to 130°C
- Rub a little olive oil into the kale leaves
- Remove the stalk and any large veins
- Tear your leaves into 4cm strips
- Arrange on a tray, taking care to ensure kale pieces to do not overlap
- Bake for approx. 20 mins until crisp and fully dehydrated
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt flakes over your crunchy kale crisps
Getting kids to eat greens can be a challenge but these crisps are really simple and effective way of getting veggies into them.