Lamb chops may already be a hit in your house, but just in case you have not thought to try them or you simply just didn’t know what to do with them, let me show you how simple and quick they are! Lamb chops only take approx. 7 minutes and are great on the BBQ or whacked in the pan. They are ideal for little hands to pick up and are fun to eat.
Sprinkle of salt on both sides (optional)
Drizzle of olive oil
- Prepare your chops by rubbing with a small drizzle of oil and small pinch of salt
- Heat your pan until hot/BBQ on high and hot
- Using tongs add your chops (it should be so hot it sizzles!)
- Cook for approx. 3 1/2 minutes on each side depending on size and how pink you like them
- Allow your chops to rest for a minute or two to allow the juices to come out
Tips: Cook for equal time on both sides to allow even cooking. Buy a batch of chops and freeze. Lamb is delicious with mint. Humous and yoghurt work well too.
How kids can help
- You helper may like to rub in the oil and sprinkle a small pinch of salt onto the meat
- Once rested, your helper might like to serve the chops using tongs (my girls love playing with tongs – it makes them feel all grown up!)