These Melon Star Wands were such a success at Poppy’s party that I think you need to know about them! Kids love them, they are great for hydrating little hot faces and they are all natural – win, win for everyone.
Water Melon – seedless is preferred, I couldn’t find any and it didn’t really matter
Blueberries or grapes
- Select a cut of melon that is wide enough for your chosen shape – I chose stars
- Slice into 1.5cm thick pieces
- Cut out your star shape
- Thread approx. 7 blueberries or grapes onto your skewer followed by the star
- Stand your melon star wand in a bucket or cup filled with sugar
- Cover with a damp cloth in the fridge until they are ready to be eaten
Tip: Prepare the melon star wands as close to the party or time to be eaten. They may drip a little. Save any cut offs and blend to make a delicious smoothie.