If you happen to have a few egg whites hanging around – these meringue grissini are really fun and make a great party piece. I bet your friends will be impressed!
2 Egg whites – These cheeky meringue sticks are a great way to use a spare egg white or 2!
110g Caster sugar
Topping suggestions: chia seeds/chopped pumpkin seeds/sesame seeds/chopped dried cranberries/chopped almonds/flaked almonds etc…
- Preheat oven to 120˚C
- Line a large baking tray
- Whisk egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff
- Gradually add sugar ensuring each addition is fully dissolved in the mixture
- Pipe mixture into lines and sprinkle over toppings
- Bake for approx. 40-50 minutes until meringue grissini is dry and light
Tip: Be careful not to chop dried fruit too small or they might burn and taste bitter
How kids can help
- Ask your helper to help decorate the meringue grissini with toppings