So you like nutella but get that slightly guilty feeling? I am so with you… You are not alone. Your healthy crazed friend here will show you how to make something equally delicious but super healthy! Based on a IQS recipe this will get you through those occasional cravings for nutella chocolate spread. This makes an awesome Christmas present.
180g Hazelnuts – lightly toasted and skins removed
3 tbs Rice malt syrup or maple syrup
1 tbs Cacao powder
1 tbs Coconut oil (optional)
1/4 tbs Vanilla paste
4 or more tbs Coconut milk depending on the consistency you like. Add one tbs at a time
1/4 tsp Salt flakes
- Toast hazelnuts and remove the skins
- Add the hazelnuts, rice malt syrup, cacao, coconut, vanilla and salt and blend in a magi mix (or equivalent) until finely ground.
- Slowly add the coconut milk, one tbs at a a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spoon into a sterilised jar and store in a cool place for up to 3 weeks
How kids can help
- Measuring your ingredients
- Removing the skins of the hazelnuts
- Spooning the NutElla into a jar
- Making beautiful label