Have you tried fresh pineapple juice recently? Pineapples are so sweet and packed with flavour at this time of year. If you live in a hot climate – make your juice, bottle it and freeze it. It will be ready for you as a cool refreshing drink when you need it! And if you live in a cool climate this juice will give you extra bounce to your step and make you glow from the inside out!
1 Fresh whole pineapple
Water – optional
A medium to large pineapple makes approx. 800ml
- Prepare your pineapple by topping and tailing it then cutting off the tough outer skin. It’s fine to juice the core
- Cut into chunks and pass through your juicer
- If you don’t have a juicer then blitz in your blender – the pineapple with break down. To make the juice thinner add a little water.
Tip: For younger children dilute this juice as this it is sweet
How kids can help
- Using a suitable knife they may be able to help chop the pineapple
- Placing the pineapple chunks in the blender – obviously under careful supervision and make sure the power is switched off
- Pouring the pineapple juice into their cup