Following on from my Ginger and Lemon Fizz this raspberry fizz is a great alternative to store bought drinks for parties and special evenings.
As I previously mentioned, I came across Sodastream (you have probably heard of them) – if you like your fizzy water and are looking into healthier fizzy drink options you should definitely check them out! Click here.
This raspberry fizz will take more effort than buying from your local store but I promise you it’s so worth it for the fresh flavour and lack of preservatives, artificial colourings and excessive amounts of sugar… Make a big batch and store it in your fridge.
Everyone needs something different, something special and something delicious for special occasions…
600 ml Carbonated water
150g frozen raspberries – fresh raspberries are fine too, you will only need 110g
A handful of fresh raspberries for garnish in your water jug – optional
- Chill your water
- Gently heat the raspberries, sugar and water
- Once the sugar is dissolved, boil for 3 minutes
- Strain the liquid and discard the seeds
- Add any whole raspberries for decoration, pour in your syrup
- Add your Sodastream carbonated water or other carbonated water until you have your preferred sweetness
- Serve immediately
Tips: The colder the water the more the flavour is dulled so the sweeter you may need your syrup. Adding ice is perfect for a hot sunny day but does suppress the bubbles.
How kids can help:
- Measuring your raspberries, sugar and water
- Pouring in your raspberry cordial, the carbonated water and garnishing with any fresh fruit