Perhaps you might have a family night in? If you do, why not make a simple red pesto dip for your nibbles – to accompany Mum and Dad’s glass of vino!
Alternatively you can add this red pesto to a sandwich, a bowl of pasta or lunch box snack.
60ml Olive oil
50g Sun dried tomatoes
1/2 a Medium sized pepper roughly chopped
35g Lightly roasted cashew nuts
20g Grated parmesan
A handful of parsley – optional
1/2 a mild chilli finely chopped – optional
1 Garlic clove chopped
1 tbs Lemon juice
A Pinch of black pepper
Makes approx. 200g or enough to fill a medium sized ramekin
- Add all your solid ingredients, except the parsley, to your food processor and blitz
- With the motor still running add your olive oil in a steady, slow stream
- Check the seasoning
- Add your parsley – I quite like it a little bit chunky but you might like this incorporated so little eyes don’t spot it!
- Enjoy your red pesto with breadsticks, beetroot crips or crackers!
How kids can help
- Weighing and preparing your ingredients
- Adding the ingredients to the food processor – with careful supervision!
- Taste testing!