These little sauté potatoes are great for the whole family and go perfectly with a roast. They are easy for little fingers to eat and the extra rosemary and garlic are great for developing taste buds.
You can either roast your potato cubes in the oven or sauté in a pan. Personally I prefer the sauté method as you can get a more even browning, but this requires a bit more effort – both are delicious!
250g- 300g Potatoes – peeled and chopped into 1.5cm cubes
1 Sprig of rosemary cut into several pieces
1 Garlic clove finely chopped
A drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper
Makes approx. 2 kids portions
- Par boil your potato cubes – this makes for quicker ‘browning time’
- Drain and thoroughly dry
Or you can tip you potatoes straight into a hot pan….
- Heat your oil in a frying pan which is large enough to accommodate your potatoes without ‘overcrowding’ your pan
- Turn regularly to ensure even cooking – it will take approx. 10 -15 mins.
- Turn the heat down and add you garlic and rosemary for the last 3-5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper
How kids can help
- If old enough you child might like to help peel the potatoes
- A younger child will enjoy putting the potato cubes either in a pan of cold water to be par boiled or in a bowl ready for you to add to your hot saucepan
- Picking Rosemary from your garden and chopping it using suitable kid friendly scissors
- Peeling the garlic clove
- Sprinkling your cooked sauté potatoes with a little salt and pepper