These nutritious sweet potato and pumpkin seed bites are a good source of essential fatty acids, protein, low GI carbohydrates, no bake, easy to make and absolutely delicious. These snack balls are the way to little hearts and stomachs. Additionally they are also a fun way to have a young chef in the kitchen preparing treats they can take to school.
60g Sweet potato puree (or pumpkin)
25g Chopped dates
25g Rolled quick oats
25g Shredded coconut, toasted
25g Pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 tbs Honey or pure maple syrup
1 tsp Chia seeds
1 tsp Linseeds
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Place coconut and pumpkins seeds in small frying pan over medium heat (no oil required) and toast until golden, then set aside.
- Combine chopped dates, honey, sweet potato, chia, linseed and cinnamon in a bowl or, for a smoother texture, blend in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients in large bowl and mix to combine.
- Roll into walnut size balls and store in the fridge.
- Makes approx. 7 balls which will keep for a week.
For more inspiration from Jaqueline Alwill and her wonderful approach to Nutrition, Health, Food & Balance please contact The Brown Paper Bag www.thebrownpaperbag.com.au