So you have seen the piles of promoted sweets, candy and everything possible processed under the sun…at the supermarket checkout – and if you are like me, you don’t mind a bit, but it’s kind of got out of control!
These banana lollies are easy to make, inexpensive and super fun, making them the ideal healthy halloween treat.
Toppings: sprinkles, chopped toasted nuts, bee pollen, frozen raspberries, seeds – whatever you like and more importantly whatever is in your cupboard.
- Break you chocolate up into small pieces. Place in a bain-marie – this is is simply boiled water in a saucepan with a bowl over the top containing your chocolate. Allow to melt, stirring occasionally
- Slice your peeled banana and brush with lemon juice
- Insert the lolly stick into the sliced banana
- Dip your banana lolly sticks into the melted chocolate -then sprinkle with your favourite toppings
- Place in the fridge on a tray covered with baking paper – to set
- If you want to make this in advance store in the freezer for a few days
How kids can help:
- Peeling the bananas
- Juicing half a lemon
- Slicing the banana
- Dipping the banana in lemon juice – or brushing it with lemon juice
- Breaking the chocolate into small pieces read to place in the bain-marie
- Inserting the stick into the banana
- Dipping the banana lolly into the chocolate
- Choosing their favourite toppings
- Sprinkling their favourite toppings over the chocolate
- Enjoying their home made healthy Halloween treat!